Porcelain veneers are used to fix gaps between teeth or improve the appearance of teeth that are badly stained, misshaped or out of alignment. Veneers are thin, custom-made shells that attach directly to your teeth.
1. Decay and old fillings are removed on the tooth.
2. A small amount of enamel is removed from the front of the tooth to make room for the veneer.
3. Next, the shape, size and shade of the tooth are determined and an impression is taken of the prepared tooth.
4. The impression of your tooth will be sent to a dental lab where the veneer is made.
5. Proper fit is ensured by checking the color, size and shape of the veneer.
6. Finally, the veneer is shaped and polished and cemented for you to show all of your friends your new beautiful smile